Make a December Birthday Special
Making a Birthday special when it falls in December and especially
near Christmas can be a challenge.
Be sure and separate the Birthday from Christmas.
1. Don't wrap birthday presents in Christmas wrapping paper. Don't even use solid red, green or white. Make sure it is birthday paper - bright and cheery. Don't scrimp and use Christmas bows on the present - splurge and wrap it up with tulle or fancy ribbon.
2. Put up birthday decor. A sign, banner, balloons, streamers and/or decorations will help separate it completely from the Christmas decorations. Try and set up one room with only birthday decorations (the kitchen or dining room) and leave the Christmas decorations out until after the birthday is over.
3. Make a birthday cake. Every child (and grownup!) loves to have their own cake complete with candles to blow out. Don't try and pass off a Christmas cake or pie as the birthday cake.
4. Don't give presents that are Birthday/Christmas presents. Remind family and friends that you are trying to make the birthday special and separate by not combining the two.
5. Give the Birthday Party a summertime theme such as a Luau or Day at the Beach to make it completely different then winter or Christmas decorations.
Some fun things to do to make the December birthday special:
Forget about Christmas for the day.
Dress up fancy and have a wonderful
night out to celebrate the birthday.
If their birthday falls on the 24, 25 or 26th then try and celebrate a few days before their birthday.
Some parents choose to have their child's party in November or early in December when school is still in session and friends can come to the party.
Fun Half Birthday ideas:
Some fun ways to celebrate a half-birthday:
lots of fun and children really like their special half day.
Half Birthday Party
Fun birthday party ideas to celebrate a December birthday in June for their half birthday! A simple and easy ways to make kids who have birthday's near the Christmas holiday feel special.
© Kelula 2007 - 2018
Birthday Party Ideas 4 Kids