Elf Birthday Party Ideas
Fun Elf themed party games, activities and fun ideas for kids,
tweens and teen parties.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to see our 24 favorite Buddy
the Elf quotations!
Elf Party Games
Uncooked penne and spaghetti noodles
Place six uncooked pieces of penne pasta near the edge of a table. Give the player an uncooked spaghetti noodle to hold in his/her mouth and use to try and
pick up the penne noodles. This is much harder than it sounds!
Swirly Twirly Gumdrop pick up
Chopsticks / gum drops
Use chopsticks to move gumdrops from one bowl to another. First
player to transfer all their gumdrops wins! Players can only use
their chopsticks - no hands.
North Pole Scurry
Large pieces of light blue paper or
Teams try to be the first to move from start
to finish line by using only a few pieces of paper or "icebergs".
Cut large iceberg shapes from
white or light blue poster board about 15" x 15" each.
Give teams one more iceberg then the number of players on the team.
can only use the
given to them to get from one end of the
room to the other. Teams use the
pieces to move by having
players stand on the ice burgs all together. Then they take the back iceberg and
hand it down the line to the front of the line and so on. If a player steps
off the iceberg into the water they all go back and begin again.
Variation: Divide the guests into smaller groups of three
or four and give them only 2 large icebergs.
You will need: A stocking
and spoon for each team plus small objects such as jingle bells, wrapped
candy or ping pong balls.
Divide players into two teams.
One at a time team members take the spoon and place a small
Christmas themed object on it (jingle bells, stars, ping pong balls),
run to their stocking and place the object inside and then run back to
their team and hand off the spoon to the next player.
The first team who fills their stocking wins!
Hang the Candy Cane
Rope or string, large wrapped candy canes
Tie a rope or string across the room in-between two chairs or other tall objects. Split all of the players into two teams and have them stand on the
opposite side of the room. When the game starts, each player must pick up a candy cane with his/her mouth, run to the rope, and hang the candy cane on the
rope without using his/her hands. The player then runs back so the next person in line can go. The team to hang all of their candy canes on the line and
make it back first wins! 3 – 4 candy canes per team member.
Candy Cane Forest Pick Up
Large wrapped Candy canes
Give each player a candy cane to put in their mouth, with the curved side pointing down.
The players then use their candy cane to pick up other candy canes that are lying on the table.
Once a player has picked up a candy cane, he/she can put it in his/her pile. The player with the most candy canes in his/her pile after one minute wins!
Candy Cane Pass
You will need: Red solo plastic cups, large candy canes, marshmallows
Punch a small hole in the bottom of each plastic cup and insert a candy
cane halfway through the hole where the hook of the candy cane is on the
outside of the bottom of the cup.
Divide players into two teams.
Each team gets 10 marshmallows.
The object of the game is to transfer the marshmallows from one
person to the next without using their hands.
The first team that moves all 10 marshmallows down the line in
their team wins!
For more fun Christmas themed party games see our
Christmas Minute to Win
It Games and
Elf Party Activities
Have an adult dress up in a Santa suit or hire a professional party
entertainer to play Santa for the party. Give each child a chance
to sit on his lap and tell him what they would like for Christmas.
This is also a great photo opportunity to take a picture and send it to
the party guests later with a thank you card.
Christmas Scavenger Hunt
Have the party guests go on a
Christmas scavenger hunt.
Our Christmas scavenger hunt list has lots of fun items to find and is
free to print out.
White Elephant Gift Exchange
Fun party game for all ages! Guests bring unwanted or
funny gifts to the party and exchange them with other guests.
Complete instructions and details on how to play the
White Elephant party game.
Elf Party Favor Ideas
Stocking filled with candy
Wrapped present - give out from a Santa sack at the end of the party
Light up Christmas necklaces
Jingle Bell necklaces
Buddy the Elf Quotes and Sayings
Here are our favorite 24 Buddy the Elf quotes and
sayings. Use them as fun signs around the party area or make
a fill in the blank quiz for a fun icebreaker party game.
1. “I just like to smile, smiling’s my favorite.”
2. “I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.”
3. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!”
4. “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?”
5. “I’m singing! I’m in a store and I’m singing!”
6. “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.”
7. “This place reminds me of Santa’s Workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.”
8. “Have you seen this toilets? They’re ginormous!”
9. “Santa! Oh, my God! Santa’s coming! I know him! I know him!”
10. “You stink! You smell like beef and cheese, you don’t smell like Santa.
11. “You sit on a throne of lies!”
12. “So, good news—I saw a dog today.”
13. “Francisco! That’s fun to say! Francisco. Frannn-cisco. Fran-cis-cooo.”
14. “Son of a NUT-cracker!”
15. “It’s just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture.”
16. “Deb, you have such a pretty face, you should be on a Christmas card.”
17. “You did it! Congratulations! World’s best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It’s great to be here.
18. “I think you’re really beautiful and I feel really warm when I’m around you and my tongue swells up. So… do you want to eat food?”
19. “I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands.”
20. “I planned out our whole day. First we’ll make snow angels for a two hours, then we’ll go ice skating, then we’ll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse
Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then we’ll snuggle.”
21. “Why don’t you just say it? I’m the worst toy-maker in the world? I am a cotton-headed ninny-muggins!”
22. “What about Santa’s cookies? I suppose ‘parents’ eat those, too?”
23. “I’m sorry I ruined your lives, and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.”
24. “There’s room for everyone on the Nice List!”